From:
Joel BLuming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 22:42:09 -0400
Dear Listers,
I have installed and inexpensive isa soundcard based on the Yamaha chip
set
(Oplsax series). I have installed sevral of these cards before with no
trouble. I upgraded the drivers form the appropriate website and that's
where my problems began.

The problem is that it won't play WAV files. It will play midi files just
fine. All the volume controls are properly set. I have since deleted all
the drivers and reinstalled from the original CD. I had to set the
resources manually as the auto installation kept giving me conflicts with
other devices. In the device manager there are no conflicts, The sound
card is properly listed.

When I try to play a wave file the wave player will open but the play
button is greyed out. Sometimes I get an error message that says that the
hardware will not play this type of file.

The config is :
computer 486dx4 100 intel
32 megs
1 gig WD HD
herculese agx based video
Cirrus Logic md3450 33bps modem
(I have these components working together in other similar 486 systems)
Win95a
I can't imagine why? Can you?

Thanks in advance
Joel Bluming