From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:22:43 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, October 07, 1998 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Motorola Modem Hang Ups

>>Hello All,
>>
>>I have an internal Motorola Modemsurfr 56k flashed to V.90. I
>love the
>>performance but when I go offline, it disconnects from my ISP
>but it won't
>>let go of the phone line.       ...yadda yadda yadda

>Hi,
>    I looked in Motorola's web site and they had this problem
>listed.  It said to call them at 1-205-726-0798.  I tried this
>number and did get Motorola.  Although they are no longer making
>this product, they are still honoring warrenties (or so they
>told their employees).
>
>HTH,
>Donald Gaither

Donald,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. For those interested, the
above phone # has been changed to 256-726-0798. When I called, the tech said
the relay is bad and has to be sent in for repair. Motorola modems have a 5
year warranty so there's no charge.

Just thought I'd let the list know in case anyone else is having this
problem also.

Dennis Thiel

                                  -----