From:
List Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:58:12 -0700
Posted on behalf of Dale Laluk / [log in to unmask]
by List Moderator Mark Rode

Actually the limit for 10BT/100BT, with or without a hub is 100
Metres which is about 328 ft. Given the nice computers that you have
spent a small fortune on, I would purchase a hub as well, use
standard Cat. 5 cables and then you will be able to add another
network device in the near future.

> I would be honest - you probably could cross the wires without a hub and get
by. Distance from hub to computer with 10baseT is around 100 feet. I have the
same thing but wanted to be safe - so I bo>
> Richard

> I just purchased a new Dell PentiumII 450MHz, and I want to Network it
> with my existing Dell Pentium 200MMX. One running Win95, the other Win98.
> I plan to use either Intel PRO/100+ PCI Adapters or 3Com EtherLink XL PCI
> TPO NICs with a RJ-45 cross over cable. My question is this. Is there a
> limit to the length of the cable? (I need 35ft Minimum), and can you do
> this setup without a hub, or would I be better off getting a hub?

> Ed Tucker

Dale Laluk / [log in to unmask]
Design Manager
Lunar Communication Services