From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:49:43 -0500
I checked www.pricewatch.com and there are 25 pages of AT mobo's.  The
reasonably priced ones are all for an Athlon / Duron cpu, which calls in to
question your power supply.  Your old case's power supply wouldn't appear in
AMD's approved list.  Toward the end of the list were many socket 370
(Intel) boards.  These appear to me to be higher in price than a comparable
ATX board, so I don't see the sense to it for you.  This leaves a super
seven socket motherboard, and a K6-2 AMD cpu, say 500 mhz as your most
reasonable upgrade.  It will need a pc-100 168 pin sdramm memory module
(many pc-133 sdramms will also work.)  Brandnames FIC and DFI were very
popular and are still widely available.
Tom Turak