From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:31:40 -0500
There is not much going on in the brains of these old printers.  Generally,
manufacturer drivers are valuable for the special effects their devices may
support.  These old drivers typically supported printer fonts, which are no
longer any value in a truetype soft font world.  The best way to get drivers
for these is to use an updated version of windows.  Win98 will have drivers
built-in, as will all later versions from MS.  The PCL laser is on Win95 and
NT, if the 540 isn't on win95 use any of the supported 500 series printer
drivers.
Tom Turak