From:
Mike Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 16:05:09 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/2003 10:50:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Dear Catharina,

Your frequent crashes and long scan times makes me suspect your hard drive
having bad sectors.  This could corrupt your files and cause the condition
you describe.  The missing DLL mentioned is used by your email software.
When you have frequent crashes for no reason usually the issue is memory,
i.e. RAM, hard drive, etc.

The TMP files are created during the bootup and should be removed
automatically if your computer is shut down properly.

The CD ROM could be dirty, check for finger prints or scratches.  This also
could be an indication of errors related to other memory issues and your hard
drive.

Good luck,
Mike Scott

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: