From:
Catharina Willems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 05:16:53 -0400
Hello, I wonder if  you can help me?  A few weeks ago my computer started to crash all the time.   I read in a book that TMP files can cause problems.  I had 1015 of them.  The book suggested you delete them manually.  Which I did.   After this  I could not use Outlook Express any more.  The messages off 'Ox80040154,2' and 'MSOE.DLL' are missing came up, contact Microsoft for support.  I tried, then the message 'document manager is missing' appeared.   I scanned C. drive and defragmented C. drive too.  They were both o.k. The computer Windows 98, second edition, still kept on freezing all the time.  My internet provider suggested to repair Internet Explorer.   This did not work.  I also tried to restore the previous program, with no result, except messages about missing items   The internet provider suggested to find Internet Explorer 6 because Outlook Express is part of it.  Somehow I was able to do that with good results.   Outlook Express is back.  But the Document Manager is still missing.   So far I haven't found out what this important missing manager job is, or were he is hiding. I had the computer scan C. drive again.  It took more than 30 hours to do the job.  According to the computer everything was ok.   Alas,  I could not go on the internet any more. Today we tried to use the HP Pavilion Recovery Program to restore the soft wear on the computer to it's original condition.   It didn't go very far when the first CD came up with the message:   The 'CD could have errors or the CD's drive could be damaged'.  I am able to go on the internet again,  but there was a message about problems with the manager when I tried to check out something. Now I wonder what to do next.  Why did it take more than 30 hours to scan C. drive and say things are ok, when things are not ok.   I hope you have some suggestions about what to do next.   Catharina

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml