From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:26:40 -0500
I'm in the process of setting up a new Dell laptop (Inspiron 8600, Windows
XP Pro) for a customer and it doesn't see my wireless access point(Linksys
WAP 802.11b). WEP is enabled, and my other computer detects the wireless AP
perfectly.
It connects to my ethernet network and the internet, and I have one wireless
network showing as available (Probably a neighbor), but not the access point
in my office. I've set the laptop up within a foot or so of the AP and 10-12
feet away also. Dell's wireless analyzer software and Device manager say all
is well.
I also tried my USB adapter,which works fine on my other computer but no
joy. Just when I think I'm starting to understand this stuff...
I haven't had time to research this much, but since he has a wireless
network at work and home (Both Linksys) I'm hoping someone has a suggestion.
Hopefully, it's just me missing something basic again.