From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:29:26 -0400
If you didn't do anything different, this could be a hardware failure of
some kind.
In the Safe mode screen you'll see a choice for "Step by Step confirmation"
or similar words.
Select that-You'll have to confirm each driver as it loads (Y or N). Say yes
to each of them. If the boot fails, note which was the last entry before the
failure and let is know what it is.
You can reach the safe mode screen by tapping F8 repeatedly after you first
turn the computer on.
You could also look for a file called "Bootlog.txt". Use the "Search" or
"Find" option on the start menu.
Copy it and post it here, and we might be able to see what the problem is.
There can be several misleading entries in this file, so don't make
assumptions when you "Boot failure" entries.
If this is a registry problem, you may be able to boot to DOS (command
prompt) and Type "Scanreg /restore" to select an earlier version of the
registry.
Help!!! I started my computer last night and it would only start in safe
mode, when it started booting up I got the screen to select which mode I
wanted ie: normal, safe etc., I chose normal but it defaulted to safe and
will not start in normal mode, please help this is very frustrating.My
computer is an older e-machine 333cs running windows 98, which I have had
several years and I didn't do any thing different or load any programs
before this happened.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml