From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 03:56:50 -0500
My Voodoo Banshee was a 16MB card. Worked great, and might be an improvement
if it's AGP. Only one way to tell, I guess.
32 MB Geforce 2 cards (32 MB, I think, are much better and can be had
cheap-maybe $20.00- $30.00).
***************************
A customer has been given a graphics card for his W98SE system and wants me
to install it for him.  My problem is that I don't know that he'll be any
better off if I do this.

His system has a late model Gigabyte mobo with a VIA KM400 chipset and 32Mb
of onboard graphics.  It also has an AGP slot for an added card which
supports 8x\4x\2x (1.5v).

The guy who gave him the card says that his own W98 system recognised it as
a '3DFX Voodoo Banshee' but couldn't tell him anything else about it.  So I
don't know if it's even a 2x AGP.

Can anyone tell me how to find out how much ram this card carries?  It has
no brand name but I notice it has 8 identical chips on it.  They're all
marked; NEC JAPAN  D4811650GF-A10-9BT  9849K9017.

www.zoemargo.com