From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:52:08 +0200
I haven't seen an answer to this yet, so I'll try my 2 cents worth.

I note messages like this whenever I install some new hardware, or
if I change a setting in the BIOS. However, lately, I've been seeing
this message often. It is not operating system dependant, 'cos I have
a number of OSes on my system. Anyway, the message appears before
the computer is booted by the operating system, so it can't be.

Persoanlly though, it hasn't harmed my system in any way. So the
old addage applies, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I do have an ISA sound card though, and I seem to remember starting
to see this when I changed network cards a while back. (ISA to PCI).

Only suggestion for you is to make sure that all your add on cards
are properly seated in their slots.

Any better suggestions are most welcome, as I guess I'd also like
to see a more technical answer to the question.

Cheers
Brendon

<snip>
> When booting, once in a while I get the message "ESCD Update
> successful" - usually afterwards I cannot move the cursor
> using the mouse. Rebooting brings up the same message but
> then usually the mouse does work again. Checked a lot of
> sources for help but could only find explanations of what
> ESCD is, that this message turns up in Win 95 computers with
> at least one ISA card and that it does not mean anything to
> worry about. I have Windows ME and definitely no ISA card on
> my system - is it still the same "nothing to worry about"?
> Heidi Schroeder

<snip>

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml