From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:25:17 +0200
Thanks Larry

> Brendon;
> A dead cmos battery won't stop you from booting the motherboard,
> it will just fail to retain any settings, including the time of day.

Yes I know. I am trying to resusitate an old PC the I scrapped a while
ago. I just know the BIOS battery is dead and it is the cheapest part to
replace. I suspect one of my PCI slots may also be dead (could be the
graphics
card I used as well, but haven't been able to confirm that yet) as I'm not
getting
any visuals either although I did get visuals a couple of days ago when I
first got the bee in my bonnet to resusitate this thing.

<snip>
> You can get the number off the battery and get a new one locally.
Thanks found that out during the day today.
>  The Bios number is the most reliable way to find the exact board
> specifications.
>   If you look at what version the Intel chipset is (FX, TX,etc)
> It might be a clue to approx. what cpus it will support.

I know what CPU's the PC supports. It is an old P1 mobo with a
ZIF socket 7 type connect for the processor. The board supports MMX
processors.
Reason I want to be exact on this, is that I am looking for the mobo manual
so I can change the jumper settings, but I don't want to kill the thing if I
can
help it.

<snip>

Thanks for your reply. I'll get the battery tomorrow and mess with that.

Cheers
Brendon

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>