From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 23:09:21 -0500
Mark Rode wrote:

> I have just given away my old HP 820 Cse Inkjet printer and I want to buy a
> new Inkjet printer.
> I really was not happy with my HP and would rather buy an Epson or a
> Lenmark in the 150 dollar range unless there is a compelling reason not
> too.
 The one feature that would be nice is a
> network connection but I suspect only top of the line business printers
> will have this feature. Are there other features I need that I haven't
> thought of.

  The Epsons and Lexmarks are good printer, but my preference is for the
HP line. Duplex printing (both sides) might be another feature you
haven't thought of, but one I usually don't need. The HP 970 has that
feature and is exceptionally fast and excellent quality. The HP 895 is
another excellent printer for udner $300. The 820 model is a
particularly undistinquished Deskjet with low memory, slow speed and
smaller nozzles. But the 870, 895, and 970 are troopers and I highly
recommend them.  The 930 model however has been a question mark as all
three I have seen had problems and were returned for refunds by my
friends and relatives.

Later,

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist