From:
Robert McGlohon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:49:36 -0500
> For those who already walk regularly, I'd like to put in a plug for
> run-walking. This form of walking exercise (brisk walking
> with intermittent
> sprinting) can be tailored to fit your physical condition and
> will be more
> beneficial to your cardiovascular, muscular, and skeletal systems than
> walking alone. I walk briskly 4 to 6 times a week. Two or 3
> times a week I
> add 5 to 10 sprints to these walking sessions.
>
> Troy G.

Troy,

What kind of shoes do you wear when you are run-walking?  I need a new pair
of sneakers and am tempted to get "running" shoes, but I'm afraid I would
miss the support of my good "walking" shoes.

It's nice to hear that someone run-walks on purpose.  Me, I run until I
can't take any more, then walk.  But it sounds better the way you say it. :)

Robert