From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:50:20 -0400
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998 09:29:35 -0400, Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 06:09 AM 9/3/98 -0400, you wrote:
>... All the plants, fruits, and nuts are not
>necessary for a long and healthy life.
Few would sign that statement, I suppose.

>Alot of research suggests that it was meat-eating that enabled homo sapiens to
>develop such large brains and so consider such questions.  (expensive
>tissue hypoth.)
Yes, but thats only one of many hypotheses.
Even if it's true, still it doesn't help me with my todays nutrition.

>Certainly, it has been abundantly shown that humans and their ancestors have
>been eating alot of meat for a long time.
There are proofs that meats of bi
g animals have been eaten since
a very long time (and insects much longer),
but there are only vague assumptions how much it was
in _our_ anchestors. Especially if you consider, that probably
_our_ anchestors came at about 40ky back from a tropic region
and we are *not* descendants of the northern hunter humans.
Neanderthals died out for whatever reason.

Anyway IMO it is obvious that meat eating time was not enough
for a real adaption, since our dependency on certain stuffs did not
align with what is in meat.
And that's not only on vitamins, mainly on energy.

>Animal flesh supplies all the B1 you could ever want and doesn't rely on
>seasonal availability.
Not to speak of an optimum, even the minimum RDA can be reached
with meats only with very large quantities (about 2 pounds per day for B1).
I'd consider such large protein amounts as not ideal on the long run
because of acidification and k
idney strain.

>I think you are really missing the boat on this.  What problems do you have
>with
>the consumption of meat?
I personally feel not attracted to meat, more disgusted, but that's
a pure personal story. Searching therefore for other pre-human and
early-human food items I discovered that plant seeds and roots seem to be
better suited in many aspects.
Also plants have historically correct their important role.
Why should one go with expensive meat, which is available most ever only in
non-paleo (domesicated animal) and poor quality,
if the same thing in (for ex.) almonds even suits humans needs better,
is easily availabe in true paleo quality, cheap, storable,
and can be eaten unprocessed and raw?

regards
Amadeus