From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 11:00:27 -0700

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Todd wrote:
>What do you suppose is the explanation for this?  It seems very
>odd, and contrary to the principles of the diet, that nuts and
>fruit should cause weight gain.

Mary and Todd,

One explanation might be that nut butters are made from roasted nuts
(are they? Dunno, just
discussing a possibility....anyone know?) Roasted nuts have their
chemistry significantly
changed, obviously, and may not have the healthful benefits of raw nuts.
Lots of people have reported that raw nut consumption doesn't affect
weight, while roasted nut consumption causes weight gain. I find that I
can eat as much raw nuts as I want with not weight gain at all.

--Richard