From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:05:03 +1100
> No, Tahini is ground sesame seeds.  Humus is ground chickpeas.
>
> Christy who lived in Israel several years where they eat it all the time.
> ;-)

Dankzegging

> Btw are sunflower seeds 'allowed' ?
Don't think so, but I don't even eat enuts as I think they're full of
lectins and other undesirables.
Also, Almonds are an edible mutant- wild almonds are full of
cyanide/cyanogens. Brazil nuts are Old World growing around the AMazon in
one small area, Peanuts are a bean they say on this line and are out,
Cashews are at the end of a fruit and are inedible raw and are out. Which
leaves us with hazelnuts, chestnuts, walnuts. Also, the Paleo researchers do
find HG-Paleo-people who eat nuts etc- wonder what kind of nuts they eat.

> Ben Balzer schreef:
What does schreef mean? (streak?) http://www.freedict.com/

Ben the seed hater. Seeds are parcels of death bringing you chronic disease
and a life at the doctor's office.

> > Tahini is not paleo- it's ground chick peas.
> > Ben
> >

> > > I get Deep Sea Tongul tuna in a health food store. It contains no MSG,
no
> > broth (which may
> > > hide MSG), no salt, and no hydrolyzed vegetable protein.  It taste
great
> > with homemade
> > > mayonnaise or a tahini dressing.  Check your local health food store.
> > I've not found tuna
> > > that is as pure in the supermarkets.
> > >
> > > Rachel
> > >
> > > Btw:  On the way home from a recent trip at Thanksgiving, Don and I
were
> > suprised to see a
> > > grilled chicken salad in the display at one of the eateries we passed
in
> > the airport while
> > > going from one gate to another.  We didn't stop and eat it (we had
> > pemmican, jerky, nuts,
> > > dried fruit, and a bottle of purified H20 which we were happy to eat
> > :-))).  But, we did
> > > find it interesting to see....all of the components were
Paleo-correct!