From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:02:25 -0500
I think the taste thing might have something to do with sugar.  People who
are still eating lots of sugar and refined carbs have a different sense of
taste and that's why they think it's so bad.  Also, I add a little sea salt
and garlic powder to mine.  It tastes pretty good that way.  (NOTE:  if you
decide to use garlic powder... less is better!  I went a little nuts once
and ended up with a product that probably would have registered on a Geiger
counter.)

Take care,
John Pavao

Dear JoAnn,
     My pemmican came out the consistency of a nestles' crunch bar.  In
fact
if you close your eyes and forget about the sweetness I'd describe it as a
bland nestles' crunch bar if someone asked.  As far as the taste goes, I
like
it but everyone in my family took one bite and spit it out.  I can't get
them
to try it again.