From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:02:25 -0800
TO read at your own risk!

>And we "want to separate ourselves from the source", we "carry the guilt of
>original sin", we don't feel one with the rest of creation" because of
>what?

That is difficult to explain ! because it is a dream , the dream of the
split mind ( i suppose you experienced that split where 2 parts of you can't
find peace.) .

the following explanation is not going to satisfy the part of the mind that
want to lead an independant life ( the ego)
 Asking the question why did it happens that we separated from God?  is not
a question but    the affirmation that it did happens!
Or the Reality is that we din't  that we can't .
God is allways creating  at any moment and in any point of the universe.
The awareness of it is lost by the perception that there is 2,  me and the
world , me and others etc...  the present and the past , here and there
etc...

that way of  perceiving the  world is a dream  . The world perceived  that
way justify and reinforce the existence of an ego.,  of a separate entity.

I told you : never MInd ... but you asked . NOw you have a good reason to
see me as one of those thoughts you wish will not be part of your mind and
rather project outside of you.

>Your version above of the "paleo religion" above tends to exemplify what I
>am speaking of in this thread.

I understand that  religions , when limiting themtselves to a specific code
of conduite will not fulfill their goal . its doesn't by itself  make anyone
experiencing god.

If i take the example of : thou shall not kill . NOt killing don't make
someone experience its true nature , but someone who experience its true
nature ,who experience others as themselves will  just not kill.
BUt yet not killing make the room for that experience .
Killing is  generally an affirmation that we are separated, but yet in some
circonstances kiling might be just the right thing to do when it is
affirming compassion ( when somebody ask you to stop the suffering?)
so i understand when you  generally say it is not  black or white

>Everyone doesn't evengelize what the other fellow should think.

nobody can decide what other fellow should think not even the owner of a
thought  can decide what he should think. BUt everybody is free to identify
itself to any thoughts. or to interpret any thoughts as they wish.

> Indeed,
>most people don't in my experience.

what most people do ?  they share their thoughts !
Do i have to say IMO before every sentence that i write so you don't feel
oblige to swallow or ( the same ) to oppose  them . Do i have to put a
disclaimer .

Take what you like and leave the rest!

>And you seem to believe that non-paleo ways separate us from god. Again,
>this sort of extremism is what I am talking about.

actually i am saying that wishing to separate from God made a paleo and a
non paleo way. The neolithic experience made it that way . Agriculturists
made sure that Paganism was a thing of the past. They created new concepts
of the world , new religions where the symbol of wholeness became apart from
them . We made a step farther in the decision of spliting ourselves.

What is extremism is to split the split again and again to obtain scatered
pieces of the world.
 From that point of view , the need arise of  seeking  a sens of wholeness
 religion) or ,  of trying to see the connections between thoses pieces
 that we call science,  )

>> The fact is that it is impossible. no matter how far we can strech our bond
>>we will have to come back to it.
>
>I am not sure that is a fact at all.

For the good reason that we never left.

Hear me well . we never left , so even a business man  in the middle of New
york city  eating pop corn is still  in essence as paleo as you and me.
 there is  lot of tribes in new york.)
New york reality is as dependant on nature, no matter  how much  the peoples
caught in the dream of it want to believe they are not .
In the Us there is just a few percent of peoples who provide food for the
rest of the population  ( lot of free time indeed to make the dream real )
 That is the strech on the bond that i am talking about very fragile and
elastic.
jean-claude