From:
Maddy Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:10:24 EST
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>  writes:
 > >Nevertheless, it cannot be denied that Ornish does achieve some
 > >modicum of success among those who follow his program with devout
 > >tenacity...
 >
 > Oh, I'd prob'ly drop a few on his plan, too, but I'd be hungry to the point
 > of extreme bitchiness, farting in all directions, feeling bloated from all
 > that grain, suffering extreme insomnia and probably having irregular cycles
 > again, to boot.  I'll stick with satisfied, well-rested and regular, thank
 > you. ;)

Now, now Dori, quiet down! Did you think I was advocating an Ornish
lifestyle! Gasp! I was merely pointing out that often there is so much
emphasis put on what we DO eat, and not enough attention paid to what we
DON'T eat. Everything you say is undoubtedly true about Ornish, along with a
lot of other side effects that might show up long term, such as problems with
skin, heart, cognitive function, etc., just to name a few, from essential
fatty acid deficiency. But do remember, that anyone who does little more than
cutting down substantially on both calories and junk foods is likely to
realize SOME benefit.

As for my dinner tonight, I'm about to enjoy some sliced pork loin sauteed in
coconut oil, with fresh ginger, red peppers, onions, lots of parsley,
broccoli, curry powder, and a splash of (excuse me) non-paleo Balsamic
vinegar!

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY