From:
Maddy Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 09:55:45 EST
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> writes:

(Maddy wrote)
 >>As for my dinner tonight, I'm about to enjoy some sliced pork loin sauteed=
 >
 > >>in coconut oil...
 >
 > >Mmmmmmm, sound goods - I'll give you a dollar if you invite Dean Ornish!

OK, and I'll give YOU 10 dollars if you can get him to come! LOL!

 >On a slightly related note, Denver Public Schools' Superintendent would lik=
 >to get those &%$# Pepsi machines out or leave them in but only with water.
 >Good for him!=A0 But given the six million dollar contract, how much you wa=
nna
 >bet they'll stay?

This has become a source of controversy in many school districts around the
country, because the lucrative profits from these machines often provide the=

funds supporting many extracurricular activities such as sports and other
clubs. Funny thing- when I was in high school waaaaaaaay back in the '60s, w=
had all these same clubs and sporting events and didn't have ANY vending
machines in school. So how did they do it then, and why can't they do it now=
?

And on another related note, since evolution is legally taught in schools,
why can't it also be taught what Paleo people (probably) ate, pointing out
that we have the same genes as our ancestors had 100,000 years ago? Schools
are required to teach the Government food pyramid, yet the folly of it
becomes obvious once it is realized that it is a man-made fabrication not
based on our genetic inheritance.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY