NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:19:15 -0400
Kris Moore -- I have found that things change over time. My mild LI became severe over a 10+ year period. Then I started reacting in other ways to dairy, beyond just LI symptoms. When I quit all dairy 2.5 years ago, my life took a big turn for the better. However, I had major abdominal surgery 1.5 years ago. I had about 1 foot of large intestine removed (sigmoid colon to be specific) because of diverticulitis. I'm not really sure what that last foot dig but I can't handle fruit juices anymore (or some soft drinks with folic acid), without getting some LI-like symptoms. To get to the point, have you observed your daughter's reaction to fruit juices? It took me quite a while before I zeroed in on the problem. I just assumed that somehow dairy was still part of my diet and blamed it for my problems.

However, as I remove more items from my diet, I'm beginning to wonder if life is worth living... just kidding of course. I DO enjoy my food -- at least that is what the bathroom scale tells me!

Don M