NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Suggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 11:08:49 -0700
Rachelle
Since this has turned into an egg discussion instead of milk, I decided
to respond off the list.
I do have some arrowroot powder.  I used it once, to make some strawberry
syrup.  It seems expensive at the health food store where I found it.
But I will definitely try it for an egg substitution!

As for the flax seed, I do have one cookie recipe that it goes well in.
It's an oatmeal, molasses cookie.  I guess between the strong flavor of
molasses, and the oaty flavor, plus I use about half whole wheat flour,
the flax flavor blends in, and we don't notice it.  They are very chewy
and my youngest, Dallin, really likes them.  So do my husband and I.  The
other kids don't like them, but that's OK, all the more for me!

Laurie Suggs

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.