NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:13:13 -0400
One last suggestion Kris -- never assume the doctors understand the problem. I have a good family doctor but I had to diagnose my own dairy allergy problem. Also, to repeat myself a bit, a person's reaction to foods will change over time. A non-problematic food can become an issue. For other people it almost doesn't matter what they eat. I can recall lengthy posts on one of these Listservs about people having to go on rotation diets. That would not be fun. Lastly (again?), I still have one food ingredient that ambushes me from time to time. It may be simply that the food has traces of dairy because the manufacturer prepares other foods with dairy on the same production line. It also may mean there is something lurking. Maybe, someday....

Good luck.

Don M
    I have a good friend who has Irritable
    Bowel Syndrome and I know she would say "Oh, that sounds so familiar..." if
    she read what you wrote about becoming sensitive to juices after colon
    surgery.