ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:04:08 -0700
I had about a 45 minute talk with Gretchen last night.  I gave her to the
end of the year to decide how she was going to live.  My friend, Keith, one
of the guys in our prayer group on Fridays and has known Gretchen since she
was little, was also in my office and was witness to all that was said.  I
primarily gave her till the end of the month because of her children and it
being Christmas and all.  What she is supposed to decide on, is how she
plans to live.  she has to make up her mind if she is going her way or the
Lord's way.  Because, you see, in this house, we attempt doing it the Lord's
way.  If she doesn't wish to live that way, I told her that was fine but she
would then have to move out and make it on her own.  I reminded her of all
the things we do for her, including paying bills that she can't, and many
other such things.  If, however, she wanted to go back out on her own, it
would be as she did it before.  without a car, probably without a job
because my son would likely fire her due to her poor work attendance, no
cell phone which we pay for, and a whole lot of other things that would no
longer be available to her.  You see, Gretchen is one of these people who
has believed so many lies about herself and about her family, she thinks her
parents are her problem.  Of course, this isn't true because her parents, I
reminded her, are her biggest supporters.  I pointed out, on the other hand,
she found this difficult to believe right now because of all the lies she
believes without even knowing what the lies our.  Maybe I should start
telling people, when they ask, what do you do for a living?  I should just
say, I am a lie detector since that is what I am doing when I am praying
with a person.  The truth is, I only have some experience but Jesus knows
where ever lie is and boy do they turn up in some of the most unusual places
sometimes, too.  At any rate, Gretchen is remaining for the time being but I
told her some thing which had to be taken care of if she ended up staying
and one of those requirements was how she treated her mom.  Keep praying for
Gretchen and for us when it comes to mind and we will appreciate it.

Phil.

And God Divided The Light From The Darkness
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com