ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:12:18 -0800
Phil, how are you going to discern whether or not she sincerely
chooses the Lord's way?  It seems that in the past, if I remember
correctly, she's cried tears of repentance, and prayed, and worked
with Teen Challenge or whatever the group was that she was so
involved in.  But now she's back to her old ways again.  So how will
you protect yourselves from this, should she say she wants to stay at
your house?  I imagine she doesn't know what is and isn't true at
this point;  and maybe at some level she really wants to get clean
and turn her life over to the Lord again.  But I also know that
addicts can be good liars and manipulators.  I'm just concerned that
she'll keep saying all "the right things" when confronted, and behave
well just long enough to get you off her back, and then revert back
to her old ways until confronted again.

Peggy