ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:53:24 -0700
Kathy,

Boy, ain't that the truth.  I stood up many times and testified during my
teens years and confessed God had called me to Africa to be a missionary.  I
even made friends at a youth camp one winter with a missionary who worked in
Africa and flew  a plane.  He even came to my house once when he was in the
states.  To this day, I still think he was the best missionary I ever heard
speak.  Then later, I realized I didn't want to go to Africa blind with all
the big bugs and spiders, lions and snakes, so I knew that wasn't God, haw.
Great article because I have been saying for over three years now, whatever
you want to do is what God wants to do.  He proved that to me from the
Scriptures before I would even come close to believing it.  this article
sure is good and I'm glad I'm not alone.  Frankly, one of my present
dilemmas is I can't be anybody other than who I am.

Phil.