ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:18:12 -0700
I have been quite happy with things Woosun has been discussing with me in
the last couple of weeks.  God as my witness, I have never, other than
myself, run across a born again Christian as locked up in religion as
Woosun.  I thought I was raised in a strict Baptist home and church but
Woosun takes the cake.  To my amazement, the Holy Spirit has been revealing
religious fallacies on almost a daily bases and then discussing them with me
when he calls two, and sometimes three times, a week to see if he is crazy.
Woosun has been experiencing spiritual freedom in some amazing areas of his
life.  This week, he told me that his wife of the last year, started getting
sick to her stomach about 6 or 7 months ago.  They have done all types of
tests and find nothing wrong.  They believe it is stress related.  Sound
like anybody you know?  The second he began telling me about it all, I felt
it was in relationship to Woosun and all he has faced in his life but I
rarely say such things to people and just listen.  In fact, the Holy Spirit
has to do a lot of pushing before I speak up with anything personally that I
feel or sense.  Why?  I figure Jesus knows more how to work things out with
people than I do.  In this case, after Woosun told me what all happened, I
knew he was looking for confirmation.  I told him what the Lord showed me
the second he began telling me the details about his wife.  What eventually
happened was this.  Woosun offered to do intercessory prayer with his wife.
By the way, his wife is a very Godly and mature Christian.  Literally
everything Woosun and I have talked and prayed about, he has run by his wife
later and they were all things she already believed herself.  She agreed to
allow Woosun to pray with her.  When they were finished, almost all her
stomach pain was gone and she reported feeling much better.  Woosun, on the
other hand, as they prayed about a very painful and wounded area of her
life, suddenly realized that his feelings against God all these years that
tormented him were no different, in principle, than what his wife was
describing and weeping about.  It was great revelation to him and delivered
a great deal of freedom.  Yes, he has a long ways to go just like I do but
he is beginning to know Jesus in a way that only Jesus can accomplish.
Woosun greatly appreciates everybody's prayers for him and I have no doubt
the Lord is going to use him to free up many people in Korea who are trapped
by religious woundedness and misunderstanding.  Maybe later I will relate
some of the religious stuff I am talking about that Woosun has told me
Christian do in South Korea.  I was shocked.  Woosun, by the way, is a
Baptist and is an assistant pastor in training at a large Baptist church
that has about 40 to 50 assistant pastors.  He went to lots of Charismatic
churches in the states, of course, and graduated with a psychology masters
degree from ORU, I believe I mentioned before, so he has literally been on
both sides of the fence like I have.  Poor guy.  Although, I must confess, I
wouldn't give up my Baptist heritage if you paid me.  Well, it would have to
be in the millions at least, haw.

Phil.