From:
Patricia Vigneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:04:27 -0500

I only received 6 responses to my post requesting info from anyone in
the food industry about GF foods, of which, 2 were others that thought
it was a good idea to ask about. Here are the 4 replies I did receive:

1.) I work at a natural foods supermarket.  At present, I am working
with the people who organize our private label products to sort out what
is GF.  I hope to have this list completed sometime by next Wednesday.
I will send you a copy of it when it's done. <I will forward to the list
when I receive it>

2.)  I own and operate a KFC restaurant.  I can tell you that there are
"no" GF items at a KFC.  Also,  the trouble with any restaurant, is that
they don't always use the same ingredients.  If you were to run out of
an item before your next supply delivery, you'd run to the nearest
restaurant supply store and get a reasonably close substitute.  Some of
your employees might not even realize that you are using something
different.  Then, of course, there is the problem of a possible cross-
contamination.  I'm not trying to be negative.

I love eating out, but I just wanted to explain why a person with Celiac
might get a reaction one time and not the next.

3.)  I'm celiac and I'm the owner of 5 restaurants.  Four of them are
fastfoods, and one is dining room Italian style. I do have a GF menu in
the Italian one.

Have a sister who has a chinese restaurant in my hometown, 10 miles from
the Italian restaurant, and have help her to instaure a GF menu too.
Here are the info:

Casa du Spaghetti 604 Principale Granby, Quebec 450 372 3848   Fax:  450
372 9281 Dragon Vert Foster St (dont remember the number, but in front
of the church) Waterloo, Quebec, 450 539 1211

4.)   I work for a company called Lang Naturals. We are the
manufacturers of Mr. Spice Sauces. I wanted to respond to your request
and let you know that all 9 of our sauces are wheat free and gluten
free. In addition, they are also the only line of salt free and fat free
sauces in the country. And they taste delicious! Hope this helps.

That's all folks!

Pat V in Cinnaminson NJ