Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:15:36 -0500

I took them previously (over a year ago) before I did the gluten free/milk
free/citrus free diet.  They helped some, but I could tell I was nowhere near
the overall answer to my problem, so went off them and kept experimenting and
researching.

Right now I am taking Twinlab Pancreatin (quadruple strength) digestive aid
(capsule concentrate).  I swallow one with a meal or heavy snack.  My only
complaint is that I have a tendency to get pain in the stomach and lower
esophagus, and these capsules seem to make it a little worse.  I am trying
not to take antacids, because that seems like it would be countereffective.

The pills contain:
Pancreatin 4x (quadruple strength) 500 mg (equivalent to 2000 mg of
pancreatin USP)
Supplying --
     Amylase Activity          50,000 USP units
     Protease Activity          50,000 USP units
          (trypsin & chymotrypsin)
     Lipase Activity              8,500 USP units

I looked at the bottles that contain ox bile and hydrochloric
somethingorother, but they were too expensive for me to get, and I felt I did
not need any more stomach acid than I already have.  I have never been able
to tolerate the pain of swallowing anything acid.

 I bought these in a health food store, but they are available at pharmacies
and some grocery stores.  There are different brands available.

Patty in San Francisco ([log in to unmask])