From:
TOM AND ANGIE SCHNEIDER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 22:49:01 -0700

Hi all -

Many of you asked for it when I got done so here it is.  My great-
grandmother, who is from Italy, would be proud to know that I made this
sauce with fresh herbs!!  This sauce originally came from her but
unfortunately, through the years it has become even less authentic.  And
now having to prepare it GF leaves out a few things I know that Nonie
would have put in!  I think that it is still a tasty sauce and I use it
for spaghetti, lasagna and rice, too.  I bought the Hunts sauce and
paste at Costco - very inexpensive.  A warning, I made it in a huge
electric roaster and it will make 11 quarts!! :o)

Spaghetti Sauce

10# Lean ground beef, browned and drained
6 - 29 oz. cans (174 oz.) Hunts Tomato Sauce
4 - 12 oz. cans (48 oz.) Hunts Tomato Paste
1 - 28 oz. can Hunts Whole Tomatoes
1 oz. Fresh Oregano, Rosemary, Savory, Thyme (my store called it 'Beef
Medley')
2 small onions
6 stalks celery
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 tblsp. sugar

Chop whole tomatoes and herbs in blender
Chop onion and celery with water in blender, drain
Add whole tomatoes and herbs and onion celery combo to ground beef, =
garlic, sauce and paste in roaster.
Stir in sugar (to cut acidy taste of tomatoes)
Slow cook at 275 degrees for 4-6 hours
Cool and freeze
Makes 11 quarts

Enjoy!!

Angie (with a freezer full of sauce!) in Vancouver, WA