Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:44:51 +0000

Summary 5: addison's, pituitary, thyroid, celiac
18. Energy level has gradually declined for about 15 years.  About a year ago my 5th MD checked my adrenals with a 4x a day saliva test.  She said I was in the bottom 5th percentile.  Extremely low adrenals but not quite down to failure(addison's).  She has me on oral hydrocortisone.  In the meantime I proved to have the same mineral imbalances you describe and depleted on the 4 main neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) etc.
In the 14 years before that I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis (taking Armour 120 mg), obstructive sleep apnea,(treated with oral appliance for 2 years then surgery), seasonal affective disorder (taking light therapy Jan-May), gluten intolerance-high IgG and high IgA but neg Ttg and neg biopsy (strictly GF now for 2 years).My MD also recommended Dr. Wilson's book.  In addition she also recommended from Fatigue to Fantastic by Jacob Teitelbaum which has a dizzying array of potential root causes.  He covers adrenal fatigue as  part of a complex interrelated symptoms.  Another source of information I've used is Dr. Rind's website. Start with http://www.drrind.com/tempgraph.asp.My doc has started using the temperature graph with me.  I wish I could say I'm doing better but we still haven't landed on root causes. My 15 year decline has slowed but I'm still not up to par and we're still searching for the answers.
19.  Link to an article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmcl=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=11861954
If you want more related articles click on the link to the rightin this page.
Dr. Peter Green wrote an article wondering if JFK had celiac as he did have addison's.
http://rarediseases/a/050402.htm?terms=addison%27s
Google "addison's support" (without quotes) and you will get support groups.  I don't know any of them personally.
To be continued- Next will give results of my tests done so far and how my endocrinologist plans to treat at this point.
Robin in Massachusetts