From:
Karen Ortiz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Ortiz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:46:57 -0400

Recently I posted a question about having migraines since I've started a GF
diet. Some responses were possibly other allergies (e.g. chocolate,
caffeine, aspartame, preservatives, soy, dairy, even Calcium and Vit. D).
Some suggestions were to keep a journal of weather, food, activities to see
what might be triggering the migraines. Other suggestions were to take
add'l Calcuim, Magnesium, Vit D, Zinc, Vit C, Cod Liver Oil, Digestive
Enzymes and Ferrous Gluconate. Some suggested eating a banana would help
migraines. More than anything, I realized everyone is different and trial
and error with different vitamins and/or dietary restrictions might help. I
tried asking my gastroentologist that diagnosed me, but he only said to see
my general physician. I prefer to resolve this problem without being put on
medication.

I also inquired about my low iron and my ability to donate blood. Most
only thing is that when I was diagnosed a couple months ago, the doctor
said I have traces of celiac but it was at the beginning stages. Up until I
was diagnosed I was able to give blood for over a couple of years and only
had a problem with my iron once. So, I'm not sure what that's all about.

I thank everyone for all their responses. They gave me a lot to think about.

Thanks Again