From:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:19:43 -0500

I just spoke with a very informed Food Service Area Mangager from Cedar
Point named Steve Chalk. I was so impressed with his knowledge of Celiac and
the Gluten Free diet. I'm taking my 3 year old Celiac son there on Saturday.

He advised us to eat at the Barhouse Restarant in the Marina where they have
100% Angus beef. They fry their french fries in Vegetable (soybean) oil, and
said he would make sure they clean out a fryer Friday night and dedicate it
to French fries on Saturday. He even offered to come supervise the meal
preparation.

He said all Hot Potato, Happy Fryer and Mr. Potato stands are dedicated to
french fries and use peanut oil.

The Snoopy Cookout, back in Camp Snoopy serves 100% beef burgers cooked on a
gas grill. (I did not ask him about any other restaurants.)

Ice Cream novelties in the park are DipNDots, Good Humor and Piere's
(??couldn't quite understand this word).

I am so relieved about our visit to the park this weekend, and so impressed
with someone who cares that people have good, safe meal in their park. I
emailed Cedar Point with Kudos for Steve. Thank you Cedar Point! You can
call 1-419-627-2350, press 9, ask for Food Service, and ask for Steve Chalk.