From:
Ellen & Sam Asher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 10:03:14 -0700

Hi All, Yes, I have had a gluten response from and prescribed skin lotion.
I called the doctor, who as usual was clueless, then called the
manufacturer.  It turned out that one ingredient, sorbitol, was grain
based.  Skin is our largest organ, and readily absorbs what we put on it.
I use an estrogen skin patch and the hormone is easily absorbed into my
system.  I now am ultra careful with soaps, lotions, and shampoo.  I stay
away from the obvious, like wheat germ oil, as well as the popular oatmeal
soaps.  I need to be so careful, as I am one of those people who is
sensitive to even a molecule.  Ellen, Eugene, Oregon