From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2012 18:28:00 -0400

Against my better judgement today, when it's over 100 degrees outside, I decided to try the souffle that was posted earlier this week by another listmate...who must be enjoying her summer day and not reading email, because I tried writing to her.

While it says to separate the eggs, I couldn't find any instruction to whip the egg whites....and I think that part of the instruction is missing.  (Or if you see where is says whip them....call it to my attention.)

I just took the "souffle" out of the oven...it never rose, never fell...and it tastes like hot acorn squash that is apple sauce consistency.  There is nothing souffle about it. Nothing particularly exciting about it.  More like baby food.

If and when I try again, I'm whipping the egg whites first.  Duh.  I should have trusted my judgement instead of following the recipe.

If I decide to heat up my kitchen this summer and do it again,  I'm whipping...and I'll let you know how it comes out. Or if any of you try it....let us know.