From:
Debbie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 00:39:30 -0600

Dear Friends,

I just got out of the hospital 2 days ago because I was suffering from a
G.I. Bleed.  My primary physician was in the process of leaving town so he
left me in the hands of another capable physician.  He also put me on a
clear liquid diet until the bleeding was under control.  This lasted 3
miserable days.  It was to the point that even hospital food sounded good!

I live in a city of about 23 thousand and I feel quite fortunate to have the
outstanding medical facilities that we have.  I have several other problems
physically that have caused me to make many trips to the hospital.   The
staff  and attention is unbeatable.

I am a bit suspicious that we have a new dietitian on board with us.  The
first morning that I was allowed soft food, I got a muffin and a bowl of
cream of wheat.  I cried so the nurse got me some fruit and jell-o.  Lunch
was also unediable  as well as dinner.  The next morning they left off the
cream of wheat and brought me a muffin.  I cried so I got fresh fruit and
some corn cereal.

I don't think that my Dr. sits and fills out my menu card for me but when he
is in town I always get a banana and a box of corn cereal.  On the other
hand there is very little he hasn't done for me.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this situation?  What ia a menu
caard you guys are always talking about?  Where might I find one for
Celiac's?   I really don't want to offend anyone or be labled the pest of
the hospital.  Pleeeaze HELP me!

Thanks,  Debbie