From:
Debbie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:05:40 -0600

Dear List Members -

I recently purchased a Panasonic Bread Machine.  I am a biopsy diagnosed
Celiac.  This was discovered 3 years ago.  Because I am not a big bread
eater I felt this would not make a major efffect on me.  WRONG!  One might
think I have a learning disability because for the past three years I have
cheated time and time again to always get the same results.  Leaky Gut,
itchy, rashy, etc.  I finally broke down and bought this bread machine along
with all the special flours, etc necessary to make a regular white (GF) loaf
of bread.  I work at a sandwich shop and I would kill for a grilled cheese.
After mixing and sifting and measuring for what seemed forever my product
was ready for baking.  What a flop!  Next I went to the Health food store
and purchased 2 different kinds of mixes:  a 1 lb box of Arrowhead Mills All
Purpose Baking Mix for $4.45 and a bag of Sylvan Border Farm Classic Dark
Bread Mix for a mere $5.30.  YIKES!  I have two differrent Gluten-Free
Cookbooks by Betty Hagman.  I need your help friends!  In this day and age,
it is too expensive to keep throwing stuff out but now I have even purchased
corned beef, baby swiss and sour kraut for a Ruben.  With the price of this
stuff I may have to start rooting around for berries and nuts!  I have found
that I really do miss things like banana bread, blueberry muffins, pumpkin
bread, etc.  Any help from anyone in anyway would sure be appreciated.  I am
not allergic to anything else.  Thank Goodness, Gluten is plenty.  Thanks
all....Debbie in Kansas.