From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 07:56:27 -0700

When I was a kid my mom used to feed us eggnog for breakfast.  She just put
eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla in the blender whipped it up and that was it.  I
know a now that raw eggs are not suppossed to be good for you though, but
any eggnog I know of uses eggs except for this first one.

Take 1 quart of vanilla ice cream, put in blender, with some milk and blend.
Of course most blenders don't fit 1 quart so break it up and blend with milk
like a thick milkshake, add nutmeg and rum or brandy, vodka, etc.

I have a recipe at home that from recollection takes 12 eggs, 2 pints of
whip cream, some milk, some sugar and brandy. (Alcohol could be left out of
both recipes if kids are going to drink it, the alcohol could be added to
each glass).  The eggs should be separated, whip egg whites, whip cream
separately.  Whip egg yolks, add milk, then stir in the whipped egg whites
and whipped cream, add a little nutmeg and vanilla for flavor.  I will try
to remember to bring in the recipe so you have exact figures.

After reading that Kahlua is not GF, I presume a lot of the liqueors (sp)
may not be.  I also have recipes at home for Grand Marnier, Irish Cream,
Kahlua, etc.  Those wishing to have these please e-mail me.  If there are
many responses I will send to the list.  The only one I have made before is
the Irish Cream and it tastes wonderful. Of course they may have to be
adapted for the US who,by my understanding, do not allow alcohol unless made
from non-grain sources. Some of these recipes take 6 weeks to make so don't
expect to have any for New Years celebrating.  The Irish Cream can be
whipped up in 10 minutes though.

For those that can't have the dairy or egg products maybe someone else could
help with the eggnog situation.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada