From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:43:55 -0600

I have been GF for 1.5 years now.  This was thanksgiving weekend and as
usual I always cook the thanksgiving supper to be sure it is GF.  This year
I made pumpkin pie, the only thing I can think of that may not have been GF
is the nutmeg and allspice that I no longer have the original containers.
After seeing so much discussion re: spices especially cinnamon causing
problems, I started wondering about my pumpkin pie.  My young celiac son had
no adverse reactions, but he took one taste of the pie and decided he didn't
like it, other than that he had nothing different than myself.

Now it comes down to my question.  I never used to react to gluten, only
anemia. This is the second time since being GF that I may have inadvertantly
gotten some gluten.  Does the reaction become more severe the longer you are
GF and the better your intestines get?  I became sick to my stomach last
night about 6 hours after eating dinner and this morning, crinky lower back,
abdominable pain like cramping and sorry but very pale floating stools and a
migrainey (but not severe) headache and nauseas feeling.  If these are the
true celiac symptoms I sure pity the people who have had these symptoms for
years, I have only had it for 24 hrs so far and loath the feelings.

Any ideas on how to get past this with as little ease as possible?  And
again I sure appreciate this list and the support it gives.  A big thanx to
the listowners for moderating, since without this I guess I would just
suffer in silence but "misery loves company"...

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada