From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:11:14 PDT

I received some other emails concerning Calcium that I found interesting and
some that slipped by me in the first attempt of summarizing.

How to get calcium from kale.

I usually cook kale (remove stems, chop finally, rinse three times more than
you'd think necessary, and steam for 10-20 minutes).  Then I add tomato or
tomato sauce (including salsa).  Sweet vegetables, such as carrots, mix in
well.  Another strategy is to add kale to a potato soup (especially one with
miso and a dash of vinegar in the flavoring.

Take Calcium at night, this is when your body utilizes Calcium.

Take Vitamin C  to absorb Iron
Greens should be cooked some for better absorbtion.
Vitamin D, Zinc and Magnesium are all essential for Calcium intake
Liquid calcium is better obsorbing
Twinlabs TriBoron has the above trace minerals which make bones grow better.

Also consider supplementing essential fatty acids. (I put flax seed in all
my breads and muffins, is this the same fatty acids?)
Delayed food allergy testing if I continue to not tolerate lactose.

Thanks again,
Sheryl
Auburn, WA

        "Friendship is a sheltering tree"  ;)