From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:20:02 PDT

Dear list,

Now that it is determined that I cannot have lactose as well as gluten, I'm
wondering if there is a list somewhere of common foods to avoid that have
these ingredients in them. I am very educated on hidden gluten, but now must
learn and avoid lactose as well. I noticed by accident that the rice
crackers that I like to eat have lactose as the second ingredient. I thought
I had been lactose free for 3 days and since I eat these crackers everyday
find out I have not been. I've seen websites that are casein and gluten free
but no lactose and gluten free. Does anyone know of any lists I can look at
that combine the two.

It would be great if it would include food to avoid for gastroesophageal
refux as well but I'm betting that I'm asking too much. :) I just have to
also not have fatty or fried foods, citrus fruit and juice, tomato products
and although I haven't done so yet, coffee.

        "Friendship is a sheltering tree"  ;)