From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:49:01 -0400
Holly,

You don't really need a 35 amp power supply, but it won't hurt the
radio if you use one.  The real danger occurs if you try to run the
radio with a supply that can't deliver enough current, in which case
you'll burn up the supply itself, or po0p the circuit breaker at the
very least.  35 amps is the amount of current the supply can deliver
if needed.  You could probably get away with using a 12 amp supply,
but if you can get the 35 amp one for a good price, go for
it.  Typically, you'd use a 35 amp supply for an HF rig, but it will
work well for what you want to do.

Steve