From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:49:35 -0400
Scott, before you buy a scanner you need to know what type system the local
police and fire use.  If the system is a digital APCO-25 system then you'll
need one of the new digital trunk tracker scanners and they are expensive.
I have the RS PRO-96 digital scanner and I really enjoy it and it's not to
bad to program.  Although I could not get along without the optional Win96
programming software.

Where do you live (State/county)  and I can tell you what type scanner you
need.  If you are lucky you can use an older trunk tracker (Motorola,type II
or type III) which can be had for a fraction of the price of a digital trunk
tracker.

73, Ken -N5SWR