From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 15:14:04 -0400
Hi Steve,

I have an Icom 706 MK2G and the Icom Repair Center near Seattle as well
as the Michigan Repair center basically told me to forget about it.  I
has some sort of heating issue wherein power drops to a hundred mw on
all bands after about 10 minutes.  It also will not work with the AT180
Auto Tuner specially made for that and a few other Icom rigs.  Short of
a new main board, they say they can't help me.  Icom central says if
they can't figure it out within an hour, they replace the board.  The
problem is they don't make the board any more.  So I'm screwed!

I wonder if it would be worth it giving this guy a try.  What do you think?