From:
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2014 10:40:42 -0500
Jim, one of the best vertical dual band antennas on the market, especially
for the money, is the JetStream JTB1b. It is hard to get because they sell
out of them so quickly, but I believe the best place is GigaParts. I
recently purchased one from them, and they were the only source that had
them in stock and they also had them at the best price, around $82, as I
recall. That antenna is 17 feet tall, and has 8.3 DB gain on 144 and 11.7 on
440. While it seems to be well made, I strongly recommend that you take
extra care in sealing the seams; that is, where the sections fit together,
it is highly recommended that you seal those places with rubber sealing
tape. That same antenna is sold with a couple different brand names, e.g.
the Workman 300, but they are the same antennas. I recommend the JetStream
JTB1b because it is the very latest version and is a an improved design.

Ron, K8HSY