Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:56:35 -0400
I concur with Pat's comments.  With the amount of texting and general
distractions from cell phones in cars even if they are hands-free, as well
as infotainment systems and more complex car controls, anything you can do
to improve visibility could help.  Although when there are idiots that drive
into the back of a semi, I don't know how much marginal improvement a safety
vest would offer.

As for the helmet, not for me.  I think it would affect my hearing too much,
just like hats and umbrellas do.  I need all the hearing I have left, as
I've lost some high-frequency sensitivity due to aging and loud music.

Steve, K8SP