GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 06:56:58 PST
Jahou Joh,

Thanks for mentioning Abdou Gaye. He too is a nice brother. Again, as I
stated before, all the Gambian staff of the ADB, like Gambians in other
International Organisations, are known for their competence and commitment
to their jobs.

Dr Abdoulaye Saine: Always great to hear from you. By the way, my belated
Ramadan greetings to you and the family.

Gambia L: I have voted our own Alpha Robinson as the Driver of the Year, for
he drove his car all the way from Germany to Birmingham.

He is certainly a better driver than I am, and surely, I need to take some
lessons from him (laugh). Anyway, it was great to see brother Alpha and his
wife, and I hope they'll have a nice holiday in England.

They have now left Birmingham for London. Anyway, as I have been saying on
the L, on many occasions, the Gambia is a small world and we are ALL one big
family. Consequently, it is important that we exercise restraint and show
respect towards each other.

Believe me, I was surprised when I saw Alpha's wife. Why? Because Alpha's
wife has turned out to be someone I know very well: a very nice sister,
whose doors were always open to me when she worked at the Environment Agency
under Ndey Isatou Njie. May the almighty God bless their marriage.

By the way, Gambia L, I listened to the BBC's popular Network Africa
programme via a radio here this morning, and I heard this talented 13-year
old Gambian boy, who is a kora player from Sukuta being interviewed by
Veronic Edwards. Please try and listen to the boy's interview. It was good,
and it goes to confirm that the future is going to be bright for our
country.

Ebrima Ceesay,
Birmingham,UK.