C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 01:36:30 EST
Trish;
You took the words right out of my mouth.  As I was reading these posts, I
thought to my self " I don't have CP and yet I have these feelings and
thoughts."  I guess thats why I look to all of you to help me raise Lizzy Jo,
because I don't want to pass on to her ( or her younger sister) the abuse,
the struggle, or the self damage that can result from a bad image of one's
self.

I'm very aware that there are so many things I will be unable to protect her
from, far be it from me to add to the struggle that she already has coming
her way.  I have enough anger and bad feelings to feel up a whole lifetime
and then some and don't care to pass that on to my daughters (disabilities or
not).  No one should have to put up with the jerks that seem to be lurking
around every corner, and my fear is that Lizzy Jo (as so many of you) will
have to put up with more then her fair share.  So as you all share, Please
remember that there are others who care and are looking to break the cycle
hopefully for the next generation.

Thanks for caring and sharing;
Cindy Bushnell and Lizzy Jo and younger sister Steph ( my little puff- a
-lump) who is 1 year younger and now outwieghs Lizzy.