From:
Larry Pavlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:54:37 -0400

First off, I would like to thank everyone (and there were quite a few) who were
kind enough to share their experiences dealing with diagnosis of Celiac in "our"
offspring.  I am not going to post individual messages, but I will basically
summarize the overall sentiment of the messages, which was that Celiac, while
not initially present in blood tests of children, can still be present and be
triggered later in life.  This trigger can take the form of many things, an
operation, an accident, a serious virus, or many other things causing trauma to
one's system.  It is therefore a good idea to never be too careful and suspect
that a child is Celiac-free.

Once again, this list and its members are a great source of information.  It is
a huge comfort to have this resource available.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Larry in WNY